Finding the Balance...

God's so good to challenge us just when we think we've gotten our little world all figured out! We get settled in our way of thinking and then He shifts our paradigm about 20 degrees to the left. Well, God's been attacking me...um...challenging me in the area of personal health and wellness. I know...crazy! After feeling like things needed to change, I've started a work out program and have started watching what I eat. It's been hard and it's only the first week! God's teaching me that it's just about making the next good choice. It's not about choosing what's "right" but choosing what's God's best for me. He wants me to be strong and fit and full of energy! Incredible! So, my dilemma is trying to find a balance of not obsessing about it and also making informed choices.
This leads me to the desire to want to eat naturally and also use products that are all natural as well. It's the latest fad, I know and our wallet can't afford to jump on the next band wagon. The "organic" lifestyle is quite a bit more expensive! However, questions keep rolling over in my mind. Are we meant to eat foods pumped full of growth hormones? Were we made to drink so much cow's milk? Are pesticides and hormones going to affect my kids in the future??
These are serious things and I'm still wrestling with what it looks like for me and what it looks like for my family! I'm not about doing it because it's "cool"! I want to be about doing it because God's opening out eyes to a new way of living...maybe the way He intended us to care for ourselves? A little more simple...a little less fake...a little more work necessary to do so?
WHAT DO YOU THINK? WHERE'S YOUR BALANCE??

2 Comments:

Blogger Brad,Noelle & Cash said...

You know you have a big AMEN from me on this topic. You can always call me with any questions. Brad and I are far from wealth and we find a way to eat organic and chemical/hormone free!

Ill be praying for you guys on this!

July 23, 2007 at 4:54 PM  
Blogger King Family said...

Christie,

I am so proud of you for starting a new exercise/eating lifestyle. The first month is always the hardest. I think what you said in your title is key. BALANCE is one of the most important things you can achieve in your pursuits, and this is no different. Swinging too far on the pendalum of anything is not wise. I would love to talk w/you more about the food/organic thing next week. Love you.

August 2, 2007 at 8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

free blog template and graphic design by quirky bird. Copyright 2004 and beyond.
This blog contains original graphics and artwork,
so get inspired but don't steal, karma is real.