It takes something good to get me writing...

So, Jenna...you've tempted me into coming out of blog-writing semi-retirement with your tag challenge. I graciously accept and hope I can do it justice!!

Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design.Show the 7 winners names and links on your blog, and leave a comment informing them that they were tagged...
List at least 10 honest things about yourself.

1. I sometimes regret my major in college...sorry mom and dad! If I could go back and do it again I think I would have either been a social work or church-state studies major. I dream of going back to graduate school!!

2. I refuse to me a mom who drives a mini-van...I'm not gonna do it and you can't make me! I don't care how snazzy the features are or how much better the gas mileage is!!

3. I absolutely can't stand it when moms dress their little boys in "smocked" jumper outfits with saddle oxfords that look like they belong on a little girl. I know some people love them, but they disturb me tremendously!

4. If we had the money I would get a pedicure twice a month...I know...spoiled.

5. I am a nerd...I love planners, calendars, school supplies, organizers, buying new cleaners, getting a new kind of shampoo, finding a great coupon, showering in a clean shower, organizing my monthly allowance money, using my calculator at the grocery store and coming in under budget, etc.....yup...I'm a nerd!

6. I sometimes hate living in Waco...I know it's like blasphemy to say it! I just really want to live somewhere beautiful, the beach or the mountains...something! I want a town with a Whole Foods, a BabiesRus, a Super Target, and a Williams Sonoma....come on!! I want to live somewhere we can live our lives outdoors...rock climb, hike, ride bikes...ride our bikes to Whole Foods....oh, yeah that's the dream!!

7. I'm starting a training class next week to learn how to counsel people in Jesus and I'm scared out of my mind. Can I really do this?

8. This might be gross to some, but I sometimes look at my husband and think that he looks like a beautiful Greek statue. Don't worry...I've told him that before...I probably should tell him more often though.

9. I have become a gym girl...I never thought it would happen, but it's true! Gold's Gym has become my second home and I'm really loving it! Anyone who has had kids knows that there is nothing more fulfilling than seeing your post-baby body return to you. Hello, old friend...how I've missed you!!

10. I'm really thankful for my in-laws who are helping send Chris and I on the most amazing week long trip (a cruise and then Disneyworld) next week!! Thank you, Jesus, for incredible family who loves to give gifts to people they love. Oh, and did I mention they are watching the boys for us as well?! Amazing!

Ok...I did it! That wasn't so painful! I do this part too, right?!

Here are the rules:
1. Say one nice thing to the man in your life:
Christopher Lee Otts, I think you are the only person in the world who really knows me, gets me, and loves me in spite of it!!

List at least 6 ways you measure success in your life.
1. I am successful if I only have a small mound of laundry on the utility room floor.
2. I am successful if I get my 3 year old to eat anything new or different without a fit.
3. I am successful if I drag out something pretty to wear to bed.
4. I am successful if I keep my cool while my 2 year old eats some sort of snail thing that he found in the yard.
5. I am successful if I go to the gym and not laugh out loud at the ridiculous things people do and wear there!
6. I am successful if I update my blog every month...it hasn't happened yet. Shoot!

I tag...
my husband http://chrisotts.tumblr.com/
my mother-in-law http://vickie-otts.blogspot.com/
my sister-in-law http://www.kingfamilythings.blogspot.com/
my brother-in-law (even though he will hate it, but he'd write something amazing!)
http://www.rosskingworldtour.blogspot.com/
Cherie because she'd be great at this...http://cheriemariephotography.blogspot.com/
Hmm...I need more blogging friends!!

I'm out!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenna Cox said...

1)me too
2)meee too
4)meeeee too
6)Nashville is calling. we have it all! minus the beach part... BUT WE ARE CLOSE!

Great post!

January 29, 2009 at 6:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

free blog template and graphic design by quirky bird. Copyright 2004 and beyond.
This blog contains original graphics and artwork,
so get inspired but don't steal, karma is real.